Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cats...and a one-paragraph review of "Angels and Demons"

My cousin and her husband have two pet cats. They were pretty much my first friends here...when I was home alone the first day before I got my car they were my only company. Sometimes I'm allergic to cats, but so far, so good, with these two...and I'm not even that big of a cat person.

This is Bella. She is adorable and is pretty much an indoor cat. My first day here she ran outside and I freaked out because I was told she should stay indoors. Eventually I chased her back inside...and then later learned it's okay to let her out as long as the front door stays open. But yeah, I thought she was going to run away.


Ka is a giant. He looks like a small panther or something...it's rather disconcerting. He stays outside for the most part, but he sheds like crazy so I don't let him come near me that much. I'm planning to keep my clothes as cat hair-free as possible...which is one of the many reasons these cats can't come into my room.

I can't believe I'm devoting almost an entire entry to cats. But since I have nothing super-interesting to say because I haven't started my job yet, this is just going to have to do.

Last night we all (minus the cats, obvi) went to the movies to see "Angels and Demons." Yes, it was better than "The Da Vinci Code." Yes, I know that's not saying much. At least they realized how boring the first movie was...so they had more race-against-the-clock sequences, and a much higher body count. I still almost fell asleep though...I don't know if it was because we went to a 9:45 show and I wasn't fully adjusted to west coast time, or if it was just that boring.

Anyway, I hope the sequel to "Transformers" is better. Which also wouldn't be saying much.

No comments:

Post a Comment