Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Greetings!

Sorry I couldn't come up with a better title for my first entry. I've been traveling all day, and now I have a killer headache (thanks, turbulent flight from Vegas to Burbank). I'm not the biggest fan of flying in the first place, so yeah...that was cool. At least that second flight was only about 40 minutes long.

I just started reading "Lunar Park" by Bret Easton Ellis on the plane...and it is really good! I haven't read anything by him yet, but I saw the film version of "American Psycho" which was...quite the experience, for lack of a better description. And I've watched part of "Less Than Zero" on Hulu. But I really like this book, and will probably finish it by Sunday, especially if I'm able to hit the beach once or twice. I like being able to read what I want...it's one of my favorite parts about the summer.

One thing worth mentioning about my travels today: in the Vegas airport there was a giant *tower* of Playboy magazines...right in the middle of the little newsstand/souvenir store... just there for the world to see. My friend (who just happened to be on the same flights as me) put it perfectly: "Oh, Vegas." Oh, Vegas, indeed. In all honesty I was glad to leave...just the airport was enough for me. Give me LA over Vegas any day.

So I'm all unpacked, and super tired...but I'm trying to adjust to west coast time so I'm refusing to let myself go to sleep yet (it's about 9 PM here...).

And I've already had authentic Mexican food!! Carnitas...mmmmm. So glad I have leftovers for lunch.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i had a layover in the vegas airport, i went to the in-airport casino. :D

    ReplyDelete