June Gloom sucks. Granted that on one hand it's not humid or too hot, but on the other hand, it's cloudy and sometimes even rainy. Today isn't any different than it has been...I can't wait for the day when I can write an entry about how I went to the beach. This, obviously, is not that post.
Last night we went to ArtWalk in Downtown LA, which was pretty cool. One of the galleries was showcasing work from one of my cousin's friends, so that was neat. We went to another exhibit at an old, vacant bank (apparently used as a bank set in a lot of movies) that had a bunch of old-school motorcycles on display...and lots of girls with big, teased hair and lots of eye makeup. Kind of like a bunch of blonde Amy Winehouses...minus the crack and general trashiness.
We went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant where everything was in Spanish...but it wasn't very hard for me to order a chicken burrito. The food was really good...and the salsa was so spicy it made my eyes water! There was a band playing right outside on the sidewalk, so we had a good time watching people dance. At one point they played "Tequila," and I was reminded of "The Sandlot." My cousin had never seen it, so I had to explain the wonderful movie to her, which just made me want to watch it.
Here's a clip of the classic scene that involves Squints, a pool, and a lifeguard. Because the scene that actually involves "Tequila" on the soundtrack still makes my stomach turn...and I don't want to subject anyone to that.
Happy Friday!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment