Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week 2 of work down...

...and I still like my job. Yay!! I only worked three days this week, but did a lot of reading, writing, and actually meaningful work, which is awesome. And rumor has it another intern will be starting next week.

Yesterday I went to happy hour after work with one of the assistants in the office. It was nice to hang out with someone who understands how lonely it can feel to be in a huge city and not really know anybody...only a few years ago she was exactly in my position. And because I didn't leave Santa Monica until around 8:30, I had a super easy commute home...always a good thing, especially after a stressful day.

Tonight I'm going to ArtWalk downtown with my cousins, which sounds pretty cool. Apparently it happens every second Thursday of the month: all the galleries downtown are open, and I think there's music or something, too. I don't know...but I'll find out.

And hopefully on Saturday I'll get to hang out with a girl from school who is out here interning, too...I don't know her that well but we have a mutual friend and she seems really cool.

All in all, things are looking up! Now if it were only warm enough to go to the beach...

1 comment:

  1. It'll warm up - don't worry! It's CA in the summer time!

    ReplyDelete