I do real work, though...not just coffee runs. In fact, I have yet to be asked to make a coffee run, although I've only been working for two days. I did, however, have to go pick a couple of things up for the big bosses today...kind of like Anne Hathaway in "The Devil Wears Prada," but not bad like that because the people I work with/for are really nice and they don't make me do dumb stuff like try to track down the latest unpublished Harry Potter manuscript.
But like I said, I do real work, too. Yesterday was my first day, and my first assignment was to catch up reading scripts that were being reworked for development. That was fun because I just got to enjoy what I was reading because I knew it was good (plus I didn't have to write about them). So I read two scripts before lunch (record time if I do say so myself, considering I started reading at about 10:15 and went for lunch at 1). I read another script after lunch and did coverage for it, but I didn't mind that. That's going to be what I do the most of, which is cool because my opinion counts (or so they're leading me to believe!) I don't mind reading and writing all day--it's always been what I've been best at in school, anyway.
I'm the only intern this week, but apparently there are two more who will be starting either next week or the week after. My boss told me, but I forget. It's been kind of lonely, being the only intern...so I hope these guys are cool.
The commutes yesterday were a piece of cake...today, however, not so much. It took me 45 minutes to get to Santa Monica yesterday, but I left my house today at the same time and it took me a little over an hour. Gotta love LA traffic. And the ride home wasn't much better: what took 30 minutes yesterday took 50 minutes today. Awesome. I'm just going to have to get used to it.
So basically, so far so good...even the traffic isn't that bad because I have good mix CDs and have found some good radio stations. One complaint about the "rock" station 100.3 (comparable to CT's The River 105.9): ease up on the Coldplay, fellas. They're not even real "rock" music. A little more Stones would do you good. (Side note: I did hear Springsteen's "Rosalita" and "Spirit in the Night"--two of my favorites--today, which almost makes me forgive the DJs at 100.3 for their love affair with Chris Martin...but not quite.)
I still need to ask my boss what the deal is with "Heathers 2," though. Winona keeps blabbing about it to anyone who will listen...but I have a feeling the project is as dead as Heather Chandler after she chugs that liquid drainer and falls through the glass table.
(I was going to post the clip but it's not available on YouTube. Go figure.)
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment