It took me an hour and a half to get to work this morning. Damn Lakers...had to go win another NBA championship, huh?? And then come home and celebrate it with the whole city?? Apparently that's why the 110 was so backed up this morning...by the time I realized that it was due to the celebration at the Coliseum, I had already been sitting in traffic for 45 minutes. THEN I saw the marquee on the Amber Alert thingy that said "Coliseum Event. Traffic Jammed."
Really? I hadn't noticed. At least I flew once I got on the 10.
I just read a lot today at work...not that I minded. It's good stuff I've been reading this week. My boss asked me to come in on Friday, and I agreed to because it's not like I ever have plans. At least I'll be doing something productive, unlike last Friday when I was in bed until almost 1 PM for no real reason at all.
We got out of work early today so I went for a run. It was amazing: I ran in Palisades Park, which runs right between Ocean Avenue and the Pacific Ocean. It was the first time I'd really seen the ocean since I've been here...it was glorious. But my natural high was soon replaced by frustration as it took me another hour and a half to get home. Whatever...thankfully I don't have work tomorrow, so I can take it easy. Another run and maybe some shopping? I hope so!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment