This weekend was even more eventful than last weekend...and I even got to hang out with some friends from school, which was awesome.
Friday night my cousin and I went to go see The Brothers Bloom, starring Adrien Brody, Mark Ruffalo, and Rachel Weisz. It was the most enjoyable film I've seen so far this summer! All the performances were great, and it was a nice blend of action, comedy, and romance. It was written and directed by Rian Johnson, whose only other movie was the indie high school noir Brick. The star of that film, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (one of my favorites!) even had a blink-and-you'll-miss-him cameo, which made me really happy. After the movie we went to this cute little cafe, the Alcove, and had a glass of wine and dinner. It was so great to spend some quality time with my cousin--it's the first time the two of us have had the opportunity to do that since I've been here.
Saturday I got to see a girl from school that I wasn't really friends with but she's a film major and we have a very good mutual friend, who pretty much set us up to hang out this summer. I'm glad she did, though, because this girl is really cool and fun and we had a fun time. We went to see Away We Go on the Universal lot because she's an intern there...the pre-show spiel made me feel like I was at the Wesleyan Film Series--but the movie was really cute and it had a really good soundtrack by Alexi Murdoch. It also made me wish Allison Janney would do more comedy. After that we briefly met up with another one of my friends who is out here for the summer, and were going to go hang out with him and his friends later...but since none of the guys he was with knew where they were going, it made it a little hard to hang out with them.
Sunday was one of the laziest in recent memory. But I eventually went to see Drag Me to Hell with my cousin's husband's cousin, since he was at the house and my cousins left and we had nothing to do. It was easily one of the most entertaining horror movies I've seen in awhile...a good balance of comedic moments and "WTF" moments. Good times.
The work week begins again tomorrow...but I think there's another intern starting, so things are looking up.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment