Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today was beautiful

80s and sunny....gotta love it!! Sorry to hear it's raining in CT, guys...

Here's a recap of my weekend:

Thursday night: Went to that battle of the bands I already mentioned down in Santa Monica. My cousin had to go for work, so I tagged along. All the bands sang in Spanish...it was really pretty music but I just had no idea what was going on! Quite the experience, though. When the headliners (a band name Camila) came on, all the girls started screaming. It was like they were the Mexican Jonas Brothers or something.

Friday: I had to go to work on Friday, but fortunately it was the only Friday I have to work this summer. But the two girl interns at my office were there and they are both really cool, so work was actually fun that day. We all went to lunch with my boss and one of the assistants and had a really nice time. That night I went to Hollywood to this kid from school's apartment. I don't know him that well but one of my other friends from school had been staying there so we all just hung out for awhile.

Saturday: It was one of those lazy days. I went to brunch with my cousin and had amazing blueberry pancakes that came with shredded coconut and bananas on top. Mmmmm. Then I literally was in bed all afternoon, watching TV and napping. Super super lazy. Around 6 my friend Emily called and wanted to hang out, so we went to Pasadena for dinner some shopping. Then we came back to my house and watched Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant in Charade, which both of us list among our favorite films of all time.

Sunday: Today I went to a pool party/dance party on the roof of the Standard hotel in downtown LA. Quite the experience...let me tell you. I'm so bummed I forgot my camera!! While I love my cousin and his friends, I really don't love electronic music, which is what every single DJ was mixing. But the weather was so beautiful I honestly didn't mind that I didn't like the music. I hope I got some color...now that it's getting warmer I can start working on my tan!!

Here's a video from Camila...that one guy's voice just goes a little too high for me to handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqzGYNANaM
(click the link...embedding this video was disabled)

And Happy Father's Day, Dad!!

1 comment:

  1. so i just noticed that dad gets a happy father's day but i don't get a happy birthday??

    ReplyDelete