This past weekend was great....2 days at the beach, and no sunburn!! I rule.
Friday night I drove out to Malibu to sleep over at my friend's house. She's also an intern at my company, which is how I met her. And she lives in Malibu, which was pretty cool. Right on the beach. I went to sleep to the sound of the waves breaking...it was amazing.
The next day we sat out on her deck (which overlooked the extremely high tide) and tanned...good times.
Then last night, my cousins had some friends over. We just hung out, and one of them even gave me a crash course in how to succeed in the entertainment industry--it was some very invaluable advice, actually. And very candid, which I appreciated
This morning I woke up at 11, and discovered that some of the guests from last night were still at the house because the USA was playing Mexico in soccer at noon. The US lost, but they explained to me that this game didn't really matter and that the US was playing their third string...so it was really okay that Mexico won. I took their word for it.
And then we went to the beach! I didn't even realize that was the plan, but I'm glad it was. We met up with some friends of one of my cousins' friends and played beach volleyball at Venice Beach/Marina Del Rey all afternoon. It was a pretty good workout, and I definitely got more tan again today. I was also completely covered in sand from diving for the ball, so I rinsed off in the Pacific Ocean, which was not cold--quite a pleasant surprise.
All in all, it was a great weekend. And this is my last week of work!! Crazy. Absolutely crazy how fast this has all gone.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment