Friday, July 17, 2009

Sam Rockwell brings the crazy in space. And his only friend is a Kevin Spacey robot.

I saw Moon tonight with my cousins. It's the directorial debut of one Duncan Jones, who just so happens to be the son of the Space Oddity himself, Mr. David Bowie. In fact, the rocker apparently called his son "Zowie Bowie" growing up...so it's probably no surprise that Jones' first movie is set somewhere other than Earth.



I'm realizing how much I love Sam Rockwell the more I see his work. He brought more depth to Victor Mancini in the film adaptation of Chuck Palahniuk's Choke than I ever thought possible. He's been in lots of movies, but I'm pretty sure the first time I saw him in a film was when I was in sixth grade and saw Charlie's Angels (he plays the villian). Anyway...he's really great, and his performance in this little movie is no exception. And any movie that utilizes Kevin Spacey's creepy monotone can't be bad, right? Extra points because in this one he's simply the voice of a robot.

I'm not going to give anything away on this one. It's kind of a one-trick pony, and I wish Jones had waited a little longer before the big reveal...but I still enjoyed it. And it would be a good selection for this fall's Film Series back at school.


Sweet poster, right?? If I didn't already own more posters than possible to fit on the walls of my room, I'd probably buy it. (But I won't, Mom. Don't worry.)


Sorry for yet another movie review. But really...I spend my spare time going to the cinema. Since I'm in LA, I'm just taking full advantage of being in such a major market. Next on my list is (500) Days of Summer, which stars my current movie star crush, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Can't wait to see it!!

Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment