Thursday, July 30, 2009

What is "Jurassic Technology"?

I have no idea. All I know is that today my friend Joey and I went to the Museum of Jurassic Technology. At first when he suggested we go there I got really excited because I thought it was a Jurassic Park museum with like, animatronic dinosaurs and stuff...but no. I was wrong. He described it as giant "wonder closet" (some German thing...I don't know), and it only cost $3 to get in, so we went. There were exhibits on cat's cradle, the development of trailer parks in America, a collection of microscopic mosaics created from the scales from butterfly wings...crazy, crazy, stuff. But awesome. And I'm so glad I went.



After that, we went to the Santa Monica Pier and I got a churro...soooo good. It's been forever since I've had one of those things. Then we walked all the way down to the Venice Boardwalk, which was also cool. I finally got to see Muscle Beach...and was underwhelmed. Still, now I know what it looks like from real life--not a Hilary Duff music video. On the boardwalk, I bought a glass necklace from a street vendor...I remembered that my mom bought a couple when she was there a couple years ago, so I got one too!! And I have the perfect dress to wear it with!!

We walked quite a long way...when we turned around we couldn't believe how far we'd walked. Our legs and feet were very upset with us, but at least we got some exercise!! All in all, today was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment