Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Today was my last day of work.

And I'm definitely kind of sad about it. I'm going to miss all of the really cool people in that office...but next year when I move out here for real I can intern there again until I find a real (read: PAYING) job, which is awesome. I learned so much about the industry this summer...and I still want to go into film for a living, even after everything I've learned. Not to say that the industry is bad--because it isn't--it's just tough to actually make it. But I'm going to do it, dammit. Because after my experiences this summer, I am positive that I want to make my career in the film industry. There is nothing else I'd rather do with my life than help make movies, and I can say that with absolute certainty now.

3 things I'm going to miss about working in Santa Monica this summer:

1. Lucy's Lunch Box grilled chicken melts....Those things made my day more than once.

2. Shopping on the Third Street Promenade on my lunch break...definitely can't do that in Middletown.

3. Running in Palisades Park after work...there is nothing like it. I've never felt more alive than when I went running after work on a path overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It was absolutely breathtaking.

I am so thankful that I had this opportunity this summer. My parents were nothing but supportive when the chance came along to intern at a production company, and I am so appreciative of everything they did to make sure that I could do this. Thank you, Mom and Dad. I love you and I can't wait to see you next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment