Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend of 7/10

Friday I ran a bunch of errands, and then Friday night I went to Westwood to see my friend, and we went out that night in West Hollywood again. Good times...but nothing too eventful. The next morning I drove home and passed out for most of the afternoon, only to wake up and discover that HBO was running all of last season's Entourage in its entirety in preparation for the Season 6 premiere on Sunday night (Vince as Nick Carraway? All that can be said is "LOL"). Needless to say, I was thrilled. That Adrian Grenier is such a cutie.

Sunday we had people over the house again, which was fun. Mexican food...mmmm. And that night we went to my cousin's friend's apartment because the friend's sister was going home to Colombia the next day. We had champagne, and it turns out the sister makes jewelry. It's really gorgeous stuff...it's really too bad I couldn't afford any of the necklaces she made. But she also had a bunch of beautiful Thai sterling silver rings, so I got one of those:

Different, right? I love it.



Today at work my boss had all 3 of us interns watch the 2008 Swedish vampire film Let the Right One In. Now that's a vampire movie, let me tell you. Puts Twilight to shame (not that that's really a vampire movie, anyway...) If a little blood doesn't bother you, I highly recommend it. Apparently my boss had us watch it just because he really loves the director (Tomas Alfredson), and it's easy to see why.


Extreme long shots, long takes, and little dialogue...what a beautifully gruesome film. And I mean that in the best way possible.

2 comments:

  1. Movie listing: why do they put Christian Bale before Johnny Depp????

    ReplyDelete
  2. alphabetical order? cuz depp is certainly the star...

    ReplyDelete